- A Vietnamese baguette, your favorite baguette or a sandwich roll
- 2 free-range organic eggs
- 2/3 tsp Vietnamese seasoning
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp cooking oil or butter
- Chin-Su chili sauce or your favorite chili sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp msg (optional)
- Preheat the oven, toaster, or air-fryer and toast the baguette for about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, let’s cook the egg.
Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl with green onion and Vietnamese seasoning.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over high heat and add cooking oil/butter, swirling to coat. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook until it sets, about 1 minute. Flip it over and cook for another 30 seconds or until the egg reaches your preferred doneness. Remove from the heat.
- Split the baguette lengthwise and spread some butter or mayo according to your taste. (The street vendors in Vietnam often do not spread anything.) Add some chili sauce to your liking and stuff in with the egg omelet. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 3 mins