- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 40 cloves garlic
- 2 dried chili, optional
- 1 lb jumbo to large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tbsp shrimp paste in oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley, optional
- Toasted rustic bread to serve with
- In a 10” cast iron pan or skillet, pour oil and add garlic and dried chili if you are using. Turn the heat to low and cook the garlic until golden brown and soften, about 12 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Increase heat to high and add shrimp, shrimp paste. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Mix everything well and cook until shrimp is cooked all the way through, about 3 minutes. Adjust cooking time depending on the shrimp size you’re using.
- Serve 40 garlic shrimp with toasted rustic bread. Enjoy!
Leftover shrimp oil can be used to make simple oil pasta or fried rice! So don’t toss it away, it will last in the fridge for 5 days. 🙂