Your favorite pasta flavor on a toast! It’s equally delicious if not more!!
- 1 1/2 tbsp room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- mayonnaise in a tube
- 4 large eggs, room temperature*
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked or uncooked pancetta bits or bacon bits
- shredded parmigiano cheese
- Combine butter and honey in a small mixing bowl and set aside. Lay a large cooling rack on a large baking sheet. Place slices of bread on top of the prepared cooling rack and spread the honey butter evenly on the each slices of the bread.
- Using mayonnaise in a tube, draw walls around the edge of the bread. We’re creating walls so we can safely place egg in the top middle of the breads. Crack 1 egg at a time on the top of the bread, mayonnaise will help the egg to not escape. Season the egg with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Now, place pancetta bits evenly on top of everything – the egg, mayonnaise and all. Sprinkle little bit of parmigiano, not too much. Other wise you will end up cheese cracker on top of the toast – which is not too bad if you prefer that, but I’d like to sprinkle more cheese after they come out from broiler.
- Pop the toasts in a cold oven/broiler on the middle rack. Close then turn on the high broiler (550°F) and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. When the cooking time is up, turn off the broiler and let it finish cooking with the rest of the heat, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the broiler and now, sprinkle as much cheese as you want! Serve immediately while it’s hot! Enjoy!
If you forgot to take eggs out from the fridge the night before, no worries! Just place the eggs in a bowl and fill up with the hottest water you can get form faucet and let it sit for 5 minutes. Room temperature eggs in 5 minutes!