- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups steamed pumpkin (kabocha/danhobak) or canned 100% pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-propose flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A small pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350f.
Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, take out and stir until smooth so the few tiny pieces will melt with the remaining heat.
- Combine melted chocolate, steamed pumpkin, and sugar in a blender and blend until smooth, then pour into a mixing bowl. If you are using canned pumpkin pure, you can skip this step and just mix them well.
- Sift flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and a pinch of salt into the pumpkin mixture. Mix well with a spatula until there are no lumps. If you choose not to sift (sometimes I’m too lazy and just dump all the dry ingredients, lol), use a whisk to mix. Just make sure not to over-whisk.
- Line your 6”x3” cake pan (I used a 1 liter round casserole dish) with parchment paper and pour the cake batter. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes and remove from the oven and cool it completely. You can enjoy it as it is, with coconut whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins