- 7 lb beef short ribs
- 1 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup honey or 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup red wine or rice wine
- 1 1/2 black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 20 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 large sweet onions, 1” wide sliced
- In a large dutch oven, add beef short ribs, soy sauce, honey, red wine and black pepper. Mix well and bring it to a boil over high heat. When it’s boiling stir beef so it will absorb sauce evenly. Add water, and bring it to a boil. When it starts boiling, you will see lots of scums around surface so skim all of scums with a fine skimmer. Keep boiling over high heat with no cover for 20 minutes. Then cover with a lid, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 1 hour. Skim some fat if you prefer lean sauce. I skim 3/4 of fat with my skimmer.
- Now, Stir in garlic and onion. Cover and cook for 20 more minutes. Remove from heat, garnish with sesame seeds and serve with steamed rice, chow mien, fried rice or my Creamy Mashed Potatoes! Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes