Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe from Asian at Home!
You know all Asian at Home recipes are so flavorful, authentic, and always a wow factor! So we finally decided to share my secret OH-SO CREAMY Mashed Potatoes recipe with you all!!!
I’ve always made mashed potatoes during holidays, and I’ve never measured it. But this year, 2020, I finally did for you all! My mashed potatoes are so so creamy you can’t even!! 🤤🤤🤤
If you’re used to cooking Asian food, mashed potatoes are a piece of cake! It is as easy as cooking rice! 🤗 🥔=🍚
Ingredients are also simple, so if you’d like to serve a fantastic Asian main meal with something different than rice or noodles, my mashed potatoes are perfect!
This recipe is SO SO creamy and delicious, amazingly paired with strong, pungent flavors of Asian cuisine.
Are we ready? Let’s get started!
Peel & cut 5 lb Yukon gold potatoes into quarters or halves depending on size. Place potatoes in a large pot and pour just enough cold water to cover potatoes. No need to add too much water. As shown in the picture above, that’s the right amount of water.
Add garlic if you’d like to and 1 tbsp salt. Cook potatoes until chopstick tender, about 15 to 18 minutes over high heat.
Cooking potatoes from cold water will help them cook more evenly and faster. Also, a generous amount of salt to season the potatoes will help later to season the final dish – when the potatoes are properly seasoned in boiling water, it seems like a smoother savory flavor than just added after they are mashed.
Drain the cooked potatoes and rice them using a potato ricer for the silky smooth mashed potatoes.
You could mash the potatoes… but I only make mashed potatoes this way. I will always make my mashed potatoes with a ricer. There are no lumps and so silky texture, and it’s fantastic!
Add 10 tbsp room temperature unsalted butter, 2 1/2 cup warm heavy cream (microwave for 30 seconds), and 2 tsp salt. Mix everything well.
Add extra 1/3 cup of warm heavy cream if you’re not serving immediately. Potatoes will absorb the liquid and it will get thicker about 30 minutes to 1 hour later.
Serve with extra butter and black pepper to your taste.
This Creamy Mashed Potato will be fantastic with my Lemongrass turkey. Zesty prime ribs or braised beef short ribs would be amazing!!
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 5 lb Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups warm heavy cream
- Black pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes into quarters or halves depending on sizes. Place potatoes in a large pot and pour just enough cold water to cover potatoes. Add garlic if you’d like to and 1 tbsp salt. Cook potatoes until chopstick tender, about 15 to 18 minutes over high heat.
- Drain cooked potatoes and rice them using a potato ricer for the silky smooth mashed potatoes.
- Add butter, heavy cream and 2 tsp salt. Mix everything well. Add extra 1/3 cup of warm heavy cream if you’re not serving immediately. Serve with extra butter and black pepper to your taste. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes