For the Chicken Feet
- 1 lb chicken feet
- 2 Tbs Korean coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup soju, vodka or milk
For the Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 small chunks ginger
- 1 to 9 Thai chili (as many as you wish, it’s optional.)
- 1 Tbs gochujang, Korean red pepper paste
- 2 Tbs gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs mirin
- 1 Tbs oyster sauce
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the Garnish
- sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- chopped green onion
- Cut chicken feet nails one by one using a pair of kitchen scissors.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine nail-less chicken feet, coarse sea salt and soju. Give them a good massage for about 1 minute. Let it sit in same liquid for 10 to 20 minutes, then drain and wash in cold water at least 3 times.
- Bring water to boil in your steamer pot or a wok. Place a steamer liner on steamer and gently place clean chicken feet on top of steamer liner. Cover with a lid and steam for 1 hour or until chicken feet is fall-off-bone tender.
- Meanwhile make sauce by blending all ingredients for sauce in a hand blender. Set aside.
- Remove chicken feet form steamer and toss in sauce while it’s still hot so it will absorb flavor well. Use plastic glove if you’re using hands or a spoon.
Cover and let it cool completely in a refrigerator at least 2 hour to overnight.
- At this stage, you can choose either grill, broil or stove top cooking. Either way, all you need to do is cook them 4 to 5 minutes each side over medium high heat, (For stove top, please use a little bit of oil.) until they are reheated completely and have some char around edges.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with sesame oil, sesame seeds and chopped green onion. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 mins