For the Sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch of black pepper
For the Tuna & Veggies
- 2 cans of 18oz/500g tuna in oil
- 4 jalapeno, 3 serrano or 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bundle of green onions, chopped
- Combine all ingredients for sauce plus 3 tbsp water. Mix well until sugar has dissolved, set aside.
- In a large ttukbaegi, Korean clay pot or thick bottom pot; add tuna, chopped jalapeño, garlic, onion and green onions. Pour sauce on top and cover. Place on a stove, bring it to boil over medium high heat then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. It’s done! Super simple and easy!!
- You can serve this spicy tuna with warm cooked rice, fried egg, kimchi and other side dishes you would love to enjoy together. But in my opinion, it doesn’t need whole lot of side dishes! Enjoy!