- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup rice syrup, corn syrup, sugar or honey
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 to 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped (optional)
- 1 red chili, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Bring enough water to cover 6 eggs in a pot. Add salt and vinegar and bring it to boil and carefully add the eggs. Cook the eggs 6 minutes for runny yolk (5 minutes if your stove is strong) or up to 10 minutes for hard boiled eggs. (8 minutes if your stove is strong)
- When the cooking time is up, transfer the eggs form the pot to an ice water bath. Let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile, let’s make the sauce.
Combine soy, water and rice syrup, stir until everything well mixed. Now add garlic, green onions, chilies and sesame seeds, stir.
- Peel the eggs carefully without damaging them and add into an air tight container where you’re going to store this dish. Pour the sauce mixture over the eggs, cover and store in a refrigerator for at least 6 hour to over night before serve. It will last 5 to 7 days in a refrigerator!
- Enjoy with warm cooked rice and a bit of drizzled sesame oil!
Don’t add sesame oil to the sauce mixture, it will make the eggs go bad faster.
- Cook Time: 6 mins