- 1 lb spaghetti or your favorite pasta
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 20 cloves garlic, sliced (you could use less if you prefer)
- Generous amount pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 oz mixed olives, sliced
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Handful Italian flat or curly parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add some salt and spaghetti. Cook by following directions of package you’re using.
- Heat a large skillet over medium low heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil, chopped onion, sliced garlic, a generous pinch of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Sauté until onions are softened and garlic is browned and fully cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add sliced olives and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked spaghetti and sprinkle nutritional yeast on top of pasta. Mix everything together, until nutritional yeast is well combined. Pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup of pasta water as needed.
- Lastly, add 2 tbsp olive oil and chopped parsley then toss everything together. Enjoy while it’s hot!