- 2 cups Thai Sticky Rice (Thai glutinous rice)
- Wash rice gently under cold water 3 to 5 times or until you don’t see any cloudy and milky water.
- Cover clean rice with enough water, about 1-inch above from rice. Rice will extend their size, so make sure it’s enough water. Soak them over night in a refrigerator.
- Bring water to boil in your steamer pot or a wok.
- Place a cheese cloth on steamer and gently place soaked and drained sticky rice on top of cheese cloth. Cover rice with corners of cheese cloth as much as you can then finally cover with a lid.
- Place steamer on top of boiling water and steam for 20 minutes or until it’s fully cooked over medium heat.
- Transfer to a airtight container or zip lock bag. (this steamed rice is very easy to dry out when it touches air.) I recommend you to serve immediately or at least then same day. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 20 mins