- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt, divide in half
- 2 tbsp cooking oil, divide in half
- 2 to 3 green onions, chopped, divide in half
- 3 tomatoes, cut into 1/2” wide wedges
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ketchup
- Sesame oil, optional
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl with 1/4 tsp salt. Heat a large skillet or a wok over high heat and add 1 tbsp cooking oil. Pour the beaten egg into smoking hot wok and scramble the egg to cook evenly. Don’t scramble too much though, we want to keep the egg together. Remove egg from the wok and set a side.
- Heat the now-empty-wok and add 1 tbsp oil and half of chopped green onion. Cook the green onion with oil until you smell the aroma, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes. Add soy sauce around the edge of the work so it will burn to create beautiful aroma and umami flavor. Also add ketchup and 1/4 tsp salt. Stir fry all together until tomato release its juice and simmering, about 1 to 2 minutes. Now add the egg and quickly break the egg into the tomato and the juice. Be careful not to over cook them.
- Turn off the heat, stir in remaining green onions and transfer to a serving bowl.
Drizzle some sesame oil to your taste. Enjoy with warm cooked rice!