- Cut tofu in halves lengthwise then slice into 1/2” thick squares.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add cooking oil. Carefully add the tofu slices and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until both sides are nicely golden brown.
- Meanwhile, let’s make the sauce!
Combine chopped garlic, chopped green onion, gochugaru, soy sauce, maple syrup, sesame oil, and sesame seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Place sliced onion on the bottom of a small to medium size thick bottom pot. Place one layer of fried tofu slices and top with a couple of tablespoons of the sauce. repeat until you have used all the ingredients.
- Cover, bring it to boil over medium-high heat then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Garnish with some sesame seeds if you like, and it’s ready to serve with warm cooked rice and other Korean side dishes! Enjoy!
You could serve the pan fried tofu with this sauce as a dipping sauce, very delicious, more fresh and pungent! I prefer to eat this way during the summer time!
- Cook Time: 18 mins