Roasted Bacon, Egg & Cheese Pumpkin Recipe for the autumn! 😋🍂🧀🥓🎃🌾
I used Korean sweet pumpkin, Danhobak – known as kabocha. This is a super delicious pumpkin for soup or roasting! I love pumpkins because they are low in calories but super filling and high in fiber.
Seasons like this always want me to roast everything and add poultry seasoning or pumpkin spice in every recipe. No worries, I didn’t put either one of them in this recipe though, lol because I’m roasting the whole pumpkin today!
If you are interested in Pumpkin Spice Mochi Ice Cream Recipe!
Are we ready for Roasted Bacon, Egg & Cheese Pumpkin Recipe? Let’s get started!
Cut 4 slices of bacon into bite sizes and small dice 1/2 large size onion.
If you are interested in my cast iron pan, click RIGHT HERE!
This cast iron pan is 3 layered seasoned with flaxseed oil so you don’t have to season them before use.
The best part of this cast iron pan is you can wash with soap!! Yes, I said it, you can wash this cast iron pan with soap!
This cast iron pan is proudly 100% hand crafted in Korea! 🇰🇷
Use my coupon code to get 10% Off!!
My Coupon Code: SEONKYOUNG
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until the edges are brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the diced onion. Cook until the onions are softened, about 7 to 8 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp black pepper and remove from heat.
Place a medium-size danhobak (kabocha) in a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 5 to 6 minutes – depending on the power of the microwave.
Meanwhile, beat 2 large or 3 small eggs with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and 1/4 to 1/3 cup of shredded Parmigiano.
Cut out the top of the danhobak and reserve. Remove the seeds and the strings with a spoon.
Place the bacon and onion then pour the egg mixture into the danhobak. Fill the rest of the danhobak with 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle more Parmigiano and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Replace the reserved top and place it on an oven-safe pan/dish.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove top and back for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve hot, slice into wedges to serve. Enjoy!
- 1 medium to small size danhobak (Kabocha)
- 4 bacon, cut into bite sizes
- 1 medium size onion, small diced
- 2 large or 3 small eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup parmigiano
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven 400°F
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until edges are brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add diced onion. Cook until onions are soften, about 7 to 8 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp black pepper and remove from heat.
- Place danhobak in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 5 to 6 minutes – depends on power of microwave.
Meanwhile, beat eggs with salt, remaining black pepper and parmigiano.
- Cut out top of danhobak and reserve. Remove seeds and strings. Place bacon and onion then pour egg mixture into danhobak. Fill rest of danhobak with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle more parmigiano and black pepper. Replace reserved top and place on an oven safe pan/dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove top and back for an additional 5 minutes. Serve hot, slice into wedges to serve. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins