For the Chicken
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. thyme or oregano
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 slices bacon, cut into bite size
- 24 oz. refrigerated pizza dough, divided halves
- 1/2 cup your favorite bbq sauce
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella or 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 oz. red onion slices
- 2 Tbs. chopped green onion
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for chicken except chicken. Sprinkle spice mixture over chicken and rub to evenly coat. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet, such as cast iron pan, over medium high heat; add bacon and cook until it’s slightly browned and crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- In a same skillet with bacon fat, place seasoned chicken and cook 10 to 12 minutes each side over medium heat, or until chicken is fully cooked. (Total cooking time is 20 to 24 minutes) Remove chicken from heat and let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice chicken thinly.
- Now, preheat oven to 450°F and let’s make pizza!
Sprinkle flour or oil onto pizza dough as needed and stretch into a round disc or oval shape and slightly tap pizza dough with fingertips until dough shaped your desire thickness. Use rolling pin if needed.
- Spread 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce evenly on pizza dough and place half of mozzarella cheese. Place chicken evenly, sprinkle 1/3 cup cheddar. Lastly, arrange red onion slices right on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until cheese is melted, dough is fully cooked and golden.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with chopped green onion. Slice into 6 to 8 pieces and enjoy!