Milk tea is very classic for boba tea (bubble tea).
Boba is simply tapioca pears, nicely chewy texture and very fun to eat! You can use espresso or matcha green tea instead of black tea, would be very delicious!
Homemade boba tea’s beauty is you have 100% control of sweetness, strongness of tea/coffee and it is very cheap to make!
Enjoy homemade boba tea!Print
- 3 to 5 black tea bags
- 1/4 cup quick cooking boba
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs sweet condensed milk
- 2 Tbs milk
- Steep black tea in 1 cup of hot water for 5 minutes or longer to your taste. Set aside and let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook boba. Bring 2 cups of water to boil and add boba. Stir and cook boba 2 to 3 minutes over high heat. Remove from heat, cover with a lid and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse cooked boba under cold water or ice water bath and drain completely. Place in a small mixing bowl and mix well with honey.*
- In a mason jar, add condensed milk, tea, milk and about 1/2 cup of ice. Close tightly and shake it until creamy and milky. Add boba and you are done! Using boba straw to enjoy boba milk tea!
You can use agave nectar, simple syrup or sugar instead honey/condensed milk.