Milk tea is very classic for boba tea (bubble tea).
Boba is simply tapioca pears, nicely chewy texture and very fun to eat! You can use espresso or matcha green tea instead of black tea, would be very delicious!
Homemade boba tea’s beauty is you have 100% control of sweetness, strongness of tea/coffee and it is very cheap to make!
Enjoy homemade boba tea!Print
Boba Milk Tea
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- 3 to 5 black tea bags
- 1/4 cup quick cooking boba
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs sweet condensed milk
- 2 Tbs milk
- Steep black tea in 1 cup of hot water for 5 minutes or longer to your taste. Set aside and let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook boba. Bring 2 cups of water to boil and add boba. Stir and cook boba 2 to 3 minutes over high heat. Remove from heat, cover with a lid and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse cooked boba under cold water or ice water bath and drain completely. Place in a small mixing bowl and mix well with honey.*
- In a mason jar, add condensed milk, tea, milk and about 1/2 cup of ice. Close tightly and shake it until creamy and milky. Add boba and you are done! Using boba straw to enjoy boba milk tea!
You can use agave nectar, simple syrup or sugar instead honey/condensed milk.
- Cook Time: 15 mins
I love all you videos. You make cooking so fun and easy. Love the mason jar you are using. Can you please tell me what size is it and where did you get it. I cannot wait to try this. Thank you for sharing.
Absolutely love your videos! You are adorable! Where did you get your white enamel pan with the lid (in the boba tea video)? Thank you!
Sorry for my late reply! I got the white pan from HomeGoods! 🙂
I LOOOOOOOVEEE YOU!!! 😁 made this Boba yesterday with the Korean Street Toast!!!!YUMMMMMMM
soooo goood i forgot to take a picture😩 thanks for sharing!!!
I love you too!! ❤️
How much tea do you add and what’s the size ratio of that mason jar? @_@
love your recipes btw, I’ve tried 40% of them so far lol
I’ve made boba milk tea before with a different recipe (using sugar) and this one was soooo much better. The sweetened condensed milk and honey are key. My girls loved it! Thank you!