I shared my Chinese Sticky Ribs 3 years ago, and it is definitely a stay recipe that I LOVE! It’s actually most requested recipe from my family and friends when they are coming over! 🙂
I’m re-sharing this Chinese Stick Ribs recipe because I remade video, more easy to understand and follow the steps with step-by-step picture on the written recipe.
Oh, if you get a chance, trying to make a bowl ramen or two the next day with the broth after boiling the pork ribs, it tastes amazing, so don’t through away!!!
Hope you guys try this delicious finger-linking goodness sticky ribs, that everyone LOVES!
- 1 rack of baby back ribs, cut into single pieces
- 1 whole garlic bulb, cut into halves (approximately 10 cloves garlic)
- 3 thick slices of ginger
- ½ of large onion
- 2 to 3 green onions
- 2 small carrot, halves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper corns
- ½ cup sake (rice wine)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 Tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 Tbs white vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey
- Combine all ingredients for ribs in a dutch oven or a large pot. Cover, bring to boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium, simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- When the ribs are almost ready, start make the BBQ sauce.
Combine all ingredients for Chinese BBQ sauce in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until mixed well together.
- Take ribs out from pot and cool them about 30 minutes.
- Grill cooled ribs on a hot grill and keep brushing the sauce until the sauce's gone, it will look shiny and nice chard. Be gentle when you handling soft ribs.
- Serve with warm cooked rice, flavorful fried rice/noodles or crispy and refreshing salad!