- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (I used avocado oil)
- 2 skin-on chicken thighs, cut into bite sizes
- 2 portions ramen noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 ramen egg
- toasted seaweed (gim/nori)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
Combine all ingredients for sauce in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat a medium size pot over medium high heat, add cooking oil and swirl to coat. If you are using stainless pot, go ahead and follow next step.
- When oil is shimmering, reduce heat to low & let it sit for 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium high to preheat pot. (this way we can insure that chicken is not stick to bottom of pot.)
- Add chicken, skin side down. Sear chicken 5 minutes or until skins are golden brown. Flip over, cook 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Tap out excess oil with paper towel as needed.
- Pour sauce mixture and bring it to simmer. Drop ramen noodles into boiling water. Cook noodles by following directions of package you’re using. Drain and add into chicken.
- Drizzle sesame oil on top of noodles. Toss noodles until they are coated evenly with sauce. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with green onions, ramen egg and nori. Finally, sprinkle black pepper right on top and it’s done! Enjoy!