Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 Tbs. / 15ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. / 2g red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cup / 590ml marinara sauce (tomato sauce)
- 4 eggs
- pinch of salt and pepper to tastes
- 5 to 7 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- A few slices of bread of your choice to serve
- Heat a large skillet (such as a cast iron pan) over medium heat; add olive oil and garlic.
- When garlic is soften, about 1 minute, add red pepper flakes and let it infuse their flavor to oil, about 1 minute. Stir occasionally.
- Add marinara sauce (tomato sauce) and bring it to simmer.
- Crack egg in a small bowl, and drop it carefully into tomato sauce. Sprinkle salt and pepper to your taste right on top of egg. Cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes, until white is set and yolk is still runny.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle basil right on top. Serve immediately with warm toasted bread of your choice!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Love this and your blog! I’ve just made it but I’m interested to know which cuisine has inspired this delicious meal?
I actually inspired form Morocco and Italian both! 🙂 Plus I always love spicy food, so I wanted to make spicy for my taste!