Gochujang is Korean signature red chili sauce that eaten everyday. There are so many ways to use gochujang, and I wanted to introduce you more familiar way to use this deliciously spicy red sauce from Korea.
Korean Pulled Pork recipe, but not only that- I will show you how to use that delicious Korean pulled pork in 4 ways!
Hope you guys enjoy!
- 2 1/2 lb / 1kg pork shoulder
- 2 tsp / 18g salt
- 1 tsp / 12g black pepper
- 2 Tbs / 25g sugar
- 2 Tbs / 30ml cooking oil
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into big chunks
- 6 ginger slices
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup / 120ml Chung Jung One Gochujang Chili Sauce
- 2 cups / 480ml chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 375°F /190°C
Season pork shoulder with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium high heat and add cooking oil. Add seasoned pork and sear each sides about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown all around.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, chicken stock and gochujang. Combine everything well and bring it to boil. When it starts boil, braise in preheated oven for 2 hour. Turn pork over a couple times while braising.
- Remove pan from oven, remove pork and reserve for 15 minutes, tented with aluminum foil. Shred pork with 2 forks carefully.
- Add cooking liquid as much as you want into pulled pork and mix. Serve as taco, loaded potato, sliders or a rice bowl. Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 mins