4 minutes spicy garlic shrimp, Asian at Homestyle!
I have shared garlic shrimp (that you guys LOVED so much!) and lemongrass shrimp recipes. I just felt like it’s time for me to share some spicy garlic shrimp… bold, packed with flavors, textures, and attitude!!
This spicy garlic shrimp recipe is great just by itself, with garlic noodles or steamed/fried rice, or maybe toss some linguine/spaghetti in it! I’ll take it with zooddles and a glass of wine or two for dinner after a long day!
It only takes 4 minutes total cooking time, including melting the butter, sautéing garlic and everything! No excuse not to make this recipe for a weeknight dinner at home.
I always like to chop and cut all the veggies ahead when I know the cooking time is really not that long. So the few minutes of cooking time will go smooth and effortlessly.
Heat a large skillet over high heat, add butter and let it melt and bubble. Add garlic and sauce the garlic until the edges are light golden about 1 minute. Make sure not to overcook the garlic, they will turn from light brown to dark brown in a second!!
Add shrimp and combine with garlic quickly. It took me about 30 to 45 seconds.
If you don’t want to consume alcohol in your cooking, use water.
Pour the sauce mixture and mix everything well and turn off the heat. The cooking time for shrimp should not be more than 2 minutes for 31/40 shrimp.
Toss in chopped green onion, chili, and cilantro. You can skip the chili if you prefer.
Garnish with fried shallot and serve with lemon or lime wedges.
Bold, packed with flavors, textures and attitude!! So quick to make, perfect for weeknight dinner!
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chili oil with chili flakes Lao Gan Ma (If you have regular chili oil, add 1 1/2 tbsp chili flakes)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lb peeled and deveined 31/40 shrimp
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine, rice wine or white wine (if you don’t want to consume alcohol in your cooking, use water)
- 3 green onion, chopped
- 1 red or green chili, sliced (optional)
- handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- fried shallot or french onion for garnish
- lemon or lime wedge
- Mix oyster sauce, honey, chili oil with chili flakes and black pepper in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat, add butter and let it melt and bubble. Add garlic and sauce the garlic until the edges are light golden about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and combine with garlic quickly. Pour wine and deglaze the skillet. Pour the sauce mixture and mix everything well and turn off the heat. The cooking time for shrimp should not more than 2 minutes.
- Toss in chopped green onion, chili and cilantro. garnish with fried shallot and serve with lemon or lime wedges. Enjoy!
You can toss linguini, spaghetti or zuddles in this spicy garlic shrimp, it will be AMAZING!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
Keywords: spicy garlic shrimp