Teriyaki Chicken Recipe!
Today I’m going to share my homemade Teriyaki Chicken Recipe! YAY~!! Who doesn’t like teriyaki, right?! Making homemade teriyaki is very simple, easy and quick yet, SUPER YUMMY!! So you definitely should give it a try!!
If you’d like to you can definitely do this recipe with beef, shrimp, salmon, tofu or any other protein you like!
I love using chicken thighs for this recipe because it’s so much easier and quicker to cook than chicken breast yet, so much flavorful and juicier as well! But you can definitely usechicken breast, just make sure the chicken breast you are using has skin on, so you will taste the crispy yumminess! 😀
I understand finding chicken thigh boneless and skin on in US can be difficult (it’s super easy in Korean or Japan!), based on my experience, but it’s super easy to debone chicken thigh! Here is how-to debone chicken thigh step by step pictures. Or you can watch my Youtube video!
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipe can be used many many dishes. Sauce for stir-fried vegetable, glaze any your protein and more! Also this can be served more than a warm bowl of short grain rice – even though I think it’s the best! you can serve over a bed of greens so it can be Chicken Teriyaki Salad or over a bed of soba noodles, that would be really yummy too!
So, make this recipe at home and enjoy however you want to!
Remember, you are the boss in your kitchen!
- In a small mixing bowl, add soy sauce, miring, sake, sugar and ginger juice/garlic/green onion and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat; add cooking oil and swirl to coat. Lay chicken on hot skillet skin side down, cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until chicken skin is golden brown and very crispy.
- Flip over and cook additional 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is all the way cooked through.
- Turn off heat, remove chicken from skillet and set aside and tap excess oil on skillet with paper towel.
- Heat over medium heat. Pour teriyaki sauce into skillet and simmer for 3 minutes or until it’s thicken.
- Reduce heat to medium low; add cooked chicken into skillet and coat evenly with sauce. Let it cook together for a minute.
- Remove from heat and let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces if you would like to serve with chopsticks.
- Serve with warm cooked short grain rice, soba noodles or salad greens and pour remaining sauce over chicken.