Valentine day is coming!! I can’t believe how time flies!!
What is your dinner plan for with your loved one this year valentine day?
I have no plan because Jacob is in Korea and I will be alone. I might be with my mom… lol
But who cares? It’s all about love, right?
If you are planing on cooking dinner for your loved one(including your family!) I highly recommend this Steak with Teriyaki Glaze recipe for you!!
It’s very special and delicious recipe that amazing to share with people you love.
If you like your steak rare to medium rare, you’ve got to use at least 1″ thick steak. Even 5 star restaurant chef can’t cook perfect steak if it’s too thin.
Also take steak out from refrigerator about 30 minutes before you cook it. Bring steak to room temperature is quite an important tip to cook evenly. Unless your steak will over cook outside and still cold in the middle.
The teriyaki glaze is same recipe that I showed you on my Chicken Teriyaki recipe. 🙂
I normally very heavy on salt on my steak, but since I’m having with Teriyaki glaze, I just seasoned with lots of freshly ground black pepper.
Hope you guys enjoy this delicious Steak with Teriyaki Glaze recipe at home!!
- 1 lb. Ribeye steak, 1” thick (You can use sir-loin, NewYork strip, filet mignon, flat iron, skirt steak and etc.)
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 Tbs. Cooking oil (high smoke point such as canola, sunflower seeds, vegetables, peanut and etc)
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbs. Butter
- Wasabi to taste
- Season steak both side with black pepper.
- Heat a large thick bottom skillet over high heat; add oil and place steak. Cook steak total 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare, 8 to 9 minutes for medium if you are using 1”thick steak. Keep flipping steak for even crust and doneness.
- When steak has nice crust out side and about 1 minute left to finish cooking, add garlic and butter. Move steak around to coat with butter evenly.
- Turn off heat and remove steak from skillet; let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes for juicy steak.
- Mean while, mix all ingredients for teriyaki glaze and pour into same skillet we cooked steak. Turn on heat to medium and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reduce about half amount.
- Slice steak if you would like to serve that way or you can serve as it is.
- Pour teriyaki glaze over steak, serve immediately with side salad and wasabi.