Corn cheese is what Koreans call cheesy corn. It is often served in Korean BBQ restraints in the U.S but is more popular at a sushi restaurant or bar in Korea. Yes, It is drinking food in Korea. Lol! I know, we know how to party!
Corn cheese is easy to make with simple ingredients. You can customize however you want!
- Bacon bits
- Bell peppers
Kids love it as much as adults do!
I made it in 8-inch cast-iron pan, and I think it is the best for this Recipe!
You won’t believe how easy and delicious corn cheese is! Shall we begin?!
Chop onion and chili. I used red chili, but it is optional. You don’t have to use chili if you make it for your little ones. Red bell pepper can be substituted, and I just love the kick with the cheesy sweet corn!
Drain canned corn, and you can use fresh corn if you want to! I just went the easy way, lol. I love using yellow corn for this Recipe because the color looks perfect!
Also, add mayonnaise, sugar, salt, black pepper, onion, and chili in a mixing bowl. I like Kewpie mayonnaise the best, so that’s the only type of mayonnaise I have in my kitchen. I highly recommend you to try it when you can get one!
The sugar just enhances the sweet flavor of the corn.
Heat 8″ cast iron pan or small oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat and add butter. Let the butter melt completely and bubble. Smell so good already! hahahRecipepe starts with butter, always ending up delicious!!
Add the corn mixture and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Your house must smell fantastic by now! I’m drooling over here. lol
Spread evenly on the pan and cover the corn with mozzarella cheese. So, we use mozzarella in Korea, but any other melting cheese will be delicious, so feel free to use whatever cheese/cheese mixture of your favorite!
Place in the top rack of the oven and high broil for 2 to 3 minutes. If you don’t have a broiler/oven, just cover the pan and let the cheese melt all the way.
Enjoy while it’s hot and cheesy!
Corn cheese what Koreans call cheesy corn. It often served in Korean BBQ restraints.
- 15 oz canned corn, drained
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine corn, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, black pepper, onion and chili in a mixing bowl.
- Heat 8” cast iron pan or small oven proof skillet over medium high heat and add butter. Let the butter melt completely and bubble. Add the corn mixture and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Spread evenly on the pan and cover the corn with mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the top rack of the oven and high broil for 2 to 3 minutes. If you don’t have a broiler/oven, just cover the pan and let the cheese melt all the way. Enjoy while it’s hot and cheesy!
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 5 minutes