Today I’m going to share Egg Drop Soup recipe with you all!
Egg drop soup is very simple and easy to make, but if you don’t know how, you can easily mess up.
The key point of egg drop soup is silky egg texture.
Egg drop soup is also very great to make for a person who is sick, because you don’t even have to chew this soup.
If you are planing on to make this soup for a person who got cold, adding a bit of grated fresh ginger is great idea!
Also great idea when you want to make a side dish but have no idea what to make, don’t want to spend too much time or/and don’t have much ingredients in your refrigerator.
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 4 1/2 Tbs cornstarch
- 3 Tbs water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Pour chicken broth in a pot; bring to boil over high heat.
- Combine cornstarch and water. Add salt and pepper into egg and beat, set aside.
- Pour cornstarch water into boiling soup, while string. Bring back to boil.
- Stir boiling soup one direction to create a little ‘tornado’. Carefully pour beaten eggs into boiling soup. Count 5 seconds. Gently stir soup into same direction. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring back to boil and remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and serve warm.