- 9 oz. / 255g dry or fresh fettuccine
- 4 Tbs 45g / unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp / 2g salt
- 1/4 tsp / 1g pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1 3/4 cup / 415ml heavy cream
- 1 cup / 100g shredded/grated good quality parmigiano, plus more for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook fettuccine until al dente, according to package directions. (If you are using dry fettuccine, please start cook at first while you are making alfredo sauce. If you are using fresh fettuccine, it takes only a couple minutes to cook so start cook after add heavy cream to alfredo sauce and while waiting its boil.)
Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add butter and let it completely melt. Add garlic, salt and pepper and sauté about 1 minutes. Be careful not garlic to turn brown.
- Pour heavy cream, stir. Bring it to boil and add parmigiano. Stir until cheese has melted then reduce heat to low.
- By now your fettuccine cooked perfectly, add hot fettuccine immideitely into skillet and toss until pasta coated evenly with sauce. If sauce seems too thick, add a little pasta water to thin it out, 1/4 at a time.
- Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with more cheese and black pepper to your taste. Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 10 mins