Today I’m super excited about this recipe! So simple ingredients yet, SUPER YUMMY taste!
Everyone LOVE fried chicken from kid to adult, no gender matters. But, if it’s Korean Fried Chicken? Even better! 😉
This time, I used Sempio’s tempura powder to fry the chicken instead make it from scratch and made none spicy Sweet Garlic Sauce.
If you want to see how to make the tempura batter from scratch and learn how to make sweet and spicy class Korean Fried Chicken sauce, click right HERE!
Honestly, I used many different brands of tempura powder from stores, but none of them was impressive to me. When I tried Sempio’s tempura powder first time, I was super impressed how delightfully crispy; even after toss in some sauce or cold! I’ll never go back to the other tempura powder brands.
You can find tempura powder really easily at the regular grocery stores now days!
But if you are like me, love internet shopping, here is the link for it!
Hope you guys can give this delicious Korean Fried Chicken Wings a try!! 😀
For Sweet Garlic Sauce:
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped garlic
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 1/3 cup mirin
For Fried Wings:
- 6 Full chicken wings, removed wingtips, split at joint
- 3/4 cup and 3 Tbs. tempura powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Frying oil
- Black and white sesame seeds for garnish
- In a small sauce pan, add all ingredients for sweet garlic sauce. Over low heat, slow cook sauce while prep and fry chicken wings.
- Meanwhile dust chicken wings evenly with 3 Tbs. tempura powder in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.21.39-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.21.49-PM.png”][/url][url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.22.23-PM.png”][/url]
- Another large mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup tempura powder and 3/4 cup cold water with a whisk.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.22.34-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.22.48-PM.png”][/url][url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.22.51-PM.png”][/url]
- Heat frying oil in a large, thick bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat (about 2 to 3 inches high from bottom of pot); reach 335 to 350 degrees.
- Coat dusted chicken wings with tempura batter and carefully drop into hot frying oil. Working in 2 batches, deep fry wings for 10 to 15 minutes or until they are fully cooked. Remove from oil and drain on a cooling rack or paper towels. Repeat with rest of chicken wings.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.23.47-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.24.05-PM.png”][/url][url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.24.29-PM.png”][/url]
- Remove sauce from heat and it shouldn’t reduced much. Taste if it’s not too salty for your taste. If it is salty, add a bit of water and mix.
In a large mixing bowl, toss fried chicken wings evenly with sauce. Transfer wings to a serving plate, drizzle with leftover sauce in mixing bowl over chicken wings. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds if you’d like to.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.24.43-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.24.53-PM.png”][/url][url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.25.24-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.25.40-PM.png”][/url][url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-26-at-6.25.46-PM.png”][/url]