- 3 Tbs. / 42g unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp. / 2g salt
- 1 lb. / 500g extra large, jumbo or tiger shrimp, skin on but deveined
- 1/3 cup / 80ml champagne or dry with wine
- zest from 1 fresh lemon
- juice form 1/2 fresh lemon
- black pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet, such ascast iron pan over medium heat. Add butter and let it melt all the way.
- Add garlic sites and salt; Cook until butter and garlic slightly tuned light brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 1 to 2 minutes one side, depending on size. Fill them over. Increase heat to high and pour champagne. Cook until alcohol evaporated and shrimp is 3/4 way cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat; add lemon zest, juice and black pepper. Stir, shrimp will finish cooking with leftover heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate with extra lemon if you like. This Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp goes really well with any type of starch. Such as rice, egg noodles, pasta, mashed potato, toasted bread, grits or polenta. Enjoy!