Finally a dessert recipe from Asian at Home!!
Thank you so much for being patient and waiting for my dessert recipe!
I don’t eat much sweets so it’s natural that I don’t cook much sweets either. That’s why I don’t share sweet dessert recipe often with you. But recently I’ve been eating more sweets, I don’t know why? lol! So I have a feeling that I will be sharing more sweet recipes in the future, more often! 😉
So today, I’m going to show you how to make Thai Mango Sticky Rice.
In Asia, rice dessert menu is very common, like wester cuisine, bread’s eaten as savoy and sweet both.
Personally I love fruity desert, because it doesn’t heavy or too sweet. Most of the times, it’s very well balanced of flavors.
If the dessert has only sweet on sweet on sweet, I seems to get easily tired of the dessert by one or two bites.
Salty, tangy, nutty and bitter flavors combined well with sweet in dessert seems more perfect for my taste.
This Mango Sticky Rice has sweet, coconutty creamy, fruity and salty flavors.
You will need freshly cooked sticky rice for this recipe, so be sure to check out my sticky rice recipe!
Hope you guys give delicious Mango Sticky Rice recipe a try one day!
For the Salted Coconut Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cupcoconut cream (If you are using coconut milk, add 1 tsp cornstarch)
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Sweet Coconut Cream Mixture
- I recommend you to start cook sticky rice because you will need hot and fresh sticky rice for this recipe. (Cold or leftover sticky rice wouldn’t turn out as soft as it should be.) Sticky rice will take about 15 to 20 minutes, so make coconut cream sauces meanwhile rice is cooking.
- In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients for salted coconut cream sauce. Stir until salt has dissolved. Bring it to light simmer over medium heat (You will see small bubbles around edges of sauce pan, and that’s all you want!) then remove from heat. Set aside.
- In another sauce pan, combine all ingredients for sweet coconut cream mixture. Whisk until sugar as dissolved. Bring it to light simmer over medium heat and keep it warm.
- By now, sticky rice should be done cooking, so combine sticky rice and sweet coconut cream mixture while both are hot. Give it a good mix and cover with a plastic wrap, aluminum foil, a plate or steamer lid. Let it sit for 20 minutes or until rice absorbed sweet coconut cream mixture completely. It shouldn’t look like a porridge but sticky and creamy. Give another mix with a spatula.
- To serve Mango Sticky Rice, place sweet coconut rice on a plate first, then peeled and sliced half of mango. Pour about 2 tablespoons of salted coconut cream sauce and sprinkle with toasted mungbean or sesame seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Cook Time: 40 mins