Today’s post is very special and I am SO excited to share with you all!
I did a collaboration with Nami from Just One Cookbook and it was the most fun thing ever!!
If you didn’t know about her, she is the goddess of Japanese cuisine in the food blog world and real life!! I’ve been following her blog for about 5 years now and when she started YouTube channel, I was like ?✨ Can’t be better than that!! She has so many recipes that I can’t even count, I’ve tried a few of her recipes and they absolutely amazing!
When we decided to do a collaboration together, I was so happy to learn direct from her! Nami and her family were very kindly opened their house to us(me and my hubby Jacob), filmed in their kitchen?✨, which is so beautiful, and we had way too much fun cooking together! I’ve been missing having out, talking and cooking with her so much after all…
She shared one of the popular Isakaya menu, Teba Shio.
Teba means chicken wings, Shio means Salt. So it is salted chicken wings. Very simple yet, very honest flavor that only great quality ingredients and love can make this dish complete.
The cooking technique was new to me, which is broil chicken wings. Not baking, but broiling.
It has only salt and pepper on it, broiled only 10 minutes each side and the result is SO MUCH better than fried chicken wings! I will never go back to fried or baked chicken wings, broil it is!!!
I’ve never tasted chicken taste SO purely chicken, I was like ?✨ So shocked. Nami’s Teba Shio really made me think a lot about ingredients and the beauty of simplicity. I’m so grateful that I could learn more than just a recipe from her!
Hope you guys can give this recipe a try, it will blow your mind.Print
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken wings and sake. Make sure sake is cover chicken wings completely. Set aside and let it sit for 15 minutes. Half way though time, toss upside down so chicken wings will marinate evenly.
- Place a wire rack(cooling rack) on a baking pan. Pat dry chicken wings with paper towels, and place on a wire rack lined baking pan skin side up. Let them at least 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch a part so they can air through to be crispy.
- Season wings with generous amount of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and flip it over, season the other side- now, chicken wings skin side is down.
- Broil chicken wings 10 minutes and then flip them over- now chicken wings skin side up. Broil another 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked, golden and crispy.
- Serve warm with shichimi togarashi and lemon wedges to taste! Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
♥ ORIGINAL Step-by-Step Written Recipe: www.justonecookbook.com/teba-shio-salted-chicken-wings