Chinese style egg drop soup is probably most popular and common in U.S. It’s slightly thick but silky texture and the beautiful ribbons of the eggs in the soup is just an art! It’s simple yet delicious, everybody can enjoy!
It’s so easy to make and also very simple ingredients, there is no excuse to not to try this Chinese Style Egg Drop Soup at your home!! I hope you enjoy my recipe and good luck in your kitchen!!
- 1½ cups Chicken broth
- ⅛ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1½ teaspoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 egg, cracked
- 1 Green onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Pour chicken broth in a small sauce pan; add ginger; bring to boil over high heat.
- Add salt and pepper into egg and scramble, set aside.
- Combine corn starch and water; add into boiling broth, while string broth. Bring back to boil; add egg while string broth with chopsticks or spoon. Bring back to boil and remove from heat.
- Add green onion and serve warm.