- 8 oz. / 226g rigatoni
- 2 Tbs. / 30ml olive oil
- 2 tsp. / 6g chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup / 85g chopped shallot (approximately 1 shallot)
- 1/2 tsp. / 2g salt
- 1/4 tsp. / 1 g black pepper
- 8 oz. / 226g Italian spicy sausage
- 8 oz. / 226g cheery tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup / 30 to 40g shredded parmigiano
- handful basil, chopped
- juice from 1/2 of fresh lemon
- Start cooking rigatoni in boiling salted water by following direction of package you are using until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat; add olive oil, garlic and shallot. Sauté about 2 minutes or until shallot is soften.
- Add in sausage and break down with an wooden spoon. Cook until golden, about 6 to 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- By now, rigatoni must be cooked perfectly, add into sausage mixture along with tomatoes, parmigianpo. Toss everything together until well combine, add some pasta water to thin it out.
- Sprinkle basil and squeeze lemon juice right on top and toss once again. Serve immediately and top with extra parmigiano if you like to. Enjoy!