Today I’m going to share delicious and easy Shrimp Chow Fun recipe with you!
I partnered with Pearl River Bridge, the most popular Chinese soy sauce company in U.S to share one of my favorite ways to make Chow Fun and this recipe is perfected by this premium quality light soy sauce and mushroom flavor dark soy sauce. Using Chinese soy sauce when you are cooking Chinese dish at home makes a huge difference, you will be surprised! I really felt in love with the authentic flavor of these soy sauces.
The best part of this recipe is you can switch the protein whatever you prefer! I used shrimp, because the texture goes really well with the chow fun noodles. But it is absolutely delicious with beef, pork, chicken or even vegetarian version! All you need to do is omit the shrimp and replace with more mushrooms or use fried / extra firm tofu. Tadaaa~!! 🙂
Hope you guys enjoy this easy and delicious shrimp chow fun recipe!
For the Shrimp
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 Tbs. rice wine
- 1 tsp. Pear River Bridge Superior Light Soy Sauce
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
For the Sauce
- 1 tsp. Pearl River Bridge Mushroom Flavored Superior Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs. Pear River Bridge Superior Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. chili in oil (Lao Gan Ma), optional
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbs. rice wine
- 2 Tbs. water
For Stir Frying
- 2 Tbs. cooking oil, divided
- ½ Tbs. chopped ginger
- 1 Tbs. chopped garlic
- 1 red chili or ¼ of red bell pepper, seeded and julienne
- 3 oz. shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz. chow fun noodles (fresh wide rice noodles), separate them individually
- 3 to 4 green onion, cut in halves lengthwise & cut into 2-inches long pieces
- 4 oz. bean sprouts
- 1 tsp. sesame oil & seeds for garnish
- Combine all ingredients for shrimp, toss everything together and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for sauce, whisk well until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over hight heat; add 1 Tbs. cooking oil and add shrimp. Cook 1 to 2 minute each side or until ¾ way cooked. Remove from wok and set aside.
- In same wok, add remaining cooking oil; add ginger, garlic and red chili. Stir fry for 30 second to 1 minute or until you can smell the aroma. Add mushrooms and cook 1 minutes or until mushrooms are soften. Add more oil 1 tsp. at a time if needed.
- Add noodles and sauce we made earlier. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until noodles absorbed sauce evenly and soften. Now, add green onion, bean sprouts and shrimp, toss everything together and stir fry for 30 second to 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with sesame oil and sesame seeds and serve immediately. Enjoy!
You can substitute shrimp to extra firm tofu, mushrooms or any other protein you prefer. 🙂
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins