I’ve been SO into trying Japanese style pasta, Wafu Pasta!
When I went Japan, I bought so many cookbooks and I’m trying one by one some of those recipes!
Recently I’ve been enjoying Wafu pasta and let me tell you, the ingredients sounds really different and sometimes.. weird!
But I gave tries anyways, and most of the times I’ve been amazingly surprised!!
The flavors and textures I’ve never thought put it tougher… it works!!
I’ve been sharing these wafu spaghetti recipe on my Instagram and so many of you wanted to have the recipe, so here it is!
The recipe I’m going share with you today is “Tsunamayokechappu, abokado”
Which means Tuna Mayo Ketchup & Avocado.
I know, I know, I know….
It’s not something what you expect from a pasta recipe but TRUST me!! It works beautifully!!
I wolfed down this plate of wafu pasta!!!
Some of you might able to read Japanese so I will leave the original recipe right here.
Also here is how I cooked with a help with Google translate.
The recipe calls penne, but all I had was spaghetti (Thanks to Costco special 10 packs of spaghetti) so that’s what I used.
Tuna Mayo Ketchup Abocado Wafu Spaghetti
- Total Time: 11 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 small can of tuna (70g), it does say either it’s in oil or water. I used my Korean brand tuna though.
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2/3 tsp Asian mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
Rest of Ingredients are…
- 1 avocado, cut into 1cm square pieces
- 4 Tbsp onion, finely chopped and soaked in cold water then drain.
- 200g penne, cooked by following the directions of the package you are using
- Olive oil & black pepper
- Mix ingredients “A” in a bowl.
- Place cooked penne (or any pasta you are using) in another bowl and add some olive oil. (I took out the cooke pasta from the boiling water straight to the mixing bowl and used about 1 Tbsp. of oil. )
- Mix in mixture A and chopped onion. Place on a serving plate and top with avocado and sprinkle some black pepper right on top.
- Cook Time: 11 mins
It was amazing lunch, I loved it!!
I understand that ingredients are a bit strange, but give it a try!
I can’t wait to give it a try!
Did you use Japanese style mayonnaise or regular one?
Thanks in advance!😘
I used Japanese mayo!:-)
I loved this recipe, so bizzare but at the same time IT WORKS!! It is pure magic!
I am going to be in Japan next month and would love to pick this book up. Could you tell me the name?
lol Ikr?! I was keep questioning too, while I was adding all the ingredients. lol Oh, trust me, I can’t type it in Japanese… lol! When you go to Japanese book store and stand by the cookbook area… you probably will find the better ones out there, so many those Wafu pasta cookbooks!!
What exactly is asian mustard? Can it be replaced with yellow mustard? 🙂
Hi! May I ask for the name of the cookbook? Thanks!
Just found this recipe! Gonna make this tonight. It looks delicious 😋 Thank you for posting recipes 🙏