I can’t be more excited than now to finally share this amazing Thai Chicken Rice Soup recipe with you all!!
I’ve been eating this Thai rice soup breakfast last 5 days, nonstop!
It’s really THAT good!!!
It can be made as porridge if you prefer that way, but I do love as rice soup form so I can drink. lol!
Even though you’re busy in the morning, this Thai chicken Rice Soup is so easy and quick to put it together.
Also it’s amazing menu for brunch!
You can make this recipe with ground turkey or pork as well if you prefer that way.
You can use store bought fried garlic, but I highly recommend you to make your own at home, it’s super quick and easy!
Hope you give this delicious Thai Chicken Rice Soup try at home!
It is really a killer!!!
- 8 oz ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- ½ stalk lemongrass, smashed with back of knife
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp Thai thin soy sauce or light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 3 cups leftover cold jasmine rice or any leftover cold rice
- 4 eggs
- 2 green onions
- handfull cilantro
- 2 to 4 oz ginger
- fried garlic
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients for meatballs and mix well until they are sticky and elastic texture. Set aside.
- Combine chicken stock, lemon grass, garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce and white pepper in a large pot. Turn on heat to high; now start dropping meatballs by scooping with a melon scoop in to soup. ]Trying to scoop only half-full so meatballs will perfect one bit size. Stir to make sure meatballs are not stick to each others.
- When soup is start boiling, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are fully cooked and rice is your desire softness. If you prefer more of porridge texture, just cook longer on low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile rice and soup is simmering, prepare garnish.
Bring enough water to cover 4 egg to simmer and remove from heat. Carefully add eggs into hot water, cover and let it sit for 10 minutes. It will make super runny egg, so if you prefer more cooked, let it sit for 15 minutes for soft boil egg like texture. You can also just do fried egg or poached egg.
- Chop green onion, cilantro and thinly slice ginger.
- Transfer soup to a serving bowl and crack one of egg. Swirl egg into soup a bit with a chopsticks so it will continually cook by popping hot rice soup. Sprinkle green onion, cilantro, ginger and finally fried garlic. Enjoy!!
Add chili oil to your taste!