Crispy Chili Garlic Tofu Recipe!
Hey everyone! Long time no see!! It’s been too long since I’ve shared a new recipe on my website and I am so excited to finally be back in the kitchen and creating something delicious for you all. I’ve missed you guys so much! As some of you may know, I’ve been running my plant-burger joint “It’s Cherry” business in Maui, but I’ve decided to focus on my passion for recipe creation and travel again. So, here I am with a brand new recipe that’s been my go-to on busy days when I just want something tasty and easy to make – my Crispy Chili Garlic Tofu Recipe Ready in Minutes.
This Crispy & Sticky Garlic Chili Tofu Recipe is perfect for a vegetarian meal or if you’re just looking for a break from meat. Trust me, it’s packed with flavor and so satisfying! To make it, all you need is some super firm tofu, garlic cloves, Serrano or Jalapeno peppers for the kick, soy sauce, agave nectar, black pepper, avocado oil, and sesame seeds. This recipe is not only quick and easy, but it’s also healthy and packed with protein. Plus, it’s versatile, you can use whatever protein you prefer, such as chicken, steak, shrimp, or even just veggies. It’s easy to make and incredibly flavorful. And the best part? You can make it in no time!
Now, let’s talk about how to make this Crispy Chili Garlic Tofu.
First, cut high protein super firm tofu into 1”x1” chunks. I like Wild Wood brand. You can also use chicken, steak, shrimp, or whatever protein you prefer.
heat a large skillet over high heat and add some oil. Swirl it around to coat the pan. Then, arrange your tofu chunks in the skillet and fry them until they’re golden brown and crispy on all sides.
While the tofu is cooking, prepare the veggies and sauce by crushing garlic and slicing serrano or jalapeno chilis, and mixing soy sauce, agave nectar, and black pepper in a small bowl.
Add the crushed garlic and sliced chilis to the skillet once the tofu is cooked. Stir fry for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Pour the sauce mixture over the tofu and stir to coat. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
Transfer to a serving bowl and voila! You have your crispy and sticky garlic chili tofu ready to enjoy.
This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy dinner, or for meal prep for the week ahead. It’s healthy, satisfying, and packed with flavor. Don’t be afraid to get creative with it, use whatever protein such as chicken, steak, shrimp, or veggies you have on hand.
So, go ahead and give it a try! I promise you won’t regret it. And if you give it a try, let me know how it turns out in the comments below. I can’t wait to hear from you!
Crispy Chili Garlic Tofu Recipe Ready in Minutes
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 lb High protein tofu (super firm tofu, I like Wild Wood brand), cut into 1”x1” chunks (You can also use chicken, steak, shrimp, or whatever protein you prefer)
- 20 to 30 cloves garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 to 3 Serrano or Jalapeno, sliced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or your choice of sweetener
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Arrange the tofu chunks in the skillet and fry them until they are golden brown on all sides, 8 to 9 minutes.
- While the tofu is cooking, prepare the veggies and the sauce. Crush the garlic cloves and slice the chilis. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, agave nectar, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Once the tofu is nicely browned and crispy around the edges, add the crushed garlic and sliced chilis to the skillet. Stir-fry for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the tofu and stir to coat. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the crispy & sticky garlic chili tofu to a serving bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
Check out my other tofu recipes!
Thank you so much for your recipe, will sure make it, it looks delicious 🤤🤤🤤 and my mouth was also watering when watching 🤭🤭🤭. One question, can I substitute the agave with honey? Thanks!!!
Hello Gabi! Of course you can substitute the agave with honey! Hope it turns out deliciously!
this is another recipes that i can try looks Yummy ,,, thank you
Hope you try soon!