Thank you so much for your love for my Korean Vegan Soybean Sprouts Rice recipe!! So here I’m, with another Korean vegan recipe!!
Bulgogi is one of the most popular Korean food and it is super delicious! If you want to check out my regular beef bulgogi recipe, CLICK HERE!
I came up with this recipe and shared it on this blog about 2 years ago, but never made a video recipe. I was like, why not??
Fried tofu and mushroom soak up deliciously savory and sweet bulgogi sauce like a sponge and the flavor is so pure!! This recipe is a must-try, even though you are not a vegetarian or vegan. I highly recommend it!!!
Hope you guys give this Vegan bulgogi recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we did!!
- 1/2 block (6 oz) of firm or extra firm tofu, wrap in a paper towel for 5 min to get rid of excess water then cut into 1/2″x1/2″ cubes (If you are using only tofu, use whole 14oz)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp agave nectar, honey, or sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (approximately 1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cups beech, oyster, or any mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- chive sprouts for garnish, optional
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add oil and swirl to coat. Add tofu cubes carefully and spread out evenly. Toss or stir around every 2 to 3 minutes so they will brown up evenly. It will take about 7 to 8 minutes total. If it takes too long, increase the heat to high.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, agave nectar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and minced garlic Then set aside.
- When tofu is browned on all sides, add mushrooms and combine with tofu. Cook for 3 minutes, but don’t stir too much- this will allow the mushrooms to turn nicely golden brown.
- Stir in the sauce we made earlier, and cook for about 1 minute. The moisture should evaporate quickly. Remove from heat, and stir in the green onion.
- Serve with warm cooked rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion. Add chive sprouts if you have them as well. Enjoy!
Tofu and mushrooms needs a bit more patient to be golden brown, so let them do their magic in the skillet!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins