Thank you so much for your love for my Korean Vegan Soybean Sprouts Rice recipe!! So here I’m, with another Korean vegan recipe!!
Bulgogi is one of the most popular Korean food and it is super delicious! If you want to check out my regular beef bulgogi recipe, CLICK HERE!
I came up with this recipe and shared it on this blog about 2 years ago, but never made a video recipe. I was like, why not??
Fried tofu and mushroom soak up deliciously savory and sweet bulgogi sauce like a sponge and the flavor is so pure!! This recipe is a must-try, even though you are not a vegetarian or vegan. I highly recommend it!!!
Hope you guys give this Vegan bulgogi recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we did!!
- 1/2 block (6 oz/170g) of firm/extra firm tofu, warp in paper towel for 5 min to get rid of excess water then cut into 1/2″x1/2″ cubes (If you are using only tofu, use whole 14oz/396g block)
- 2 Tbs 15ml soy sauce
- 2 Tbs 45ml agave nectar, honey or sugar
- 1 Tbs / 15ml sesame oil
- 1 tsp / 5g sesame seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (approximately 1Tbs)
- 2 Tbs / 29ml cooking oil
- 3 cups (8 oz/226g) Beech, oyster or any other mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- chive sprouts for garnish, optional
- Heat a large skillet over medium hight heat; add oil and swirl to coat. Add tofu cubes carefully and spread out evenly. Toss or stir around every 2 to 3 minutes so they will brown up evenly. It will take about 7 to 8 minutes total. If it takes too long, increase heat to high.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce and next 4 ingredients(until minced garlic), set aside.
- When tofu browned up all sides, add mushrooms and combine with tofu. Cook for 3 minutes, but don’t stir too much- so mushrooms will turn nicely golden brown.
- Stir in sauce we made earlier, cook for a minutes. Moisture should evaporates quick. Remove from heat, and stir in green onion.
- Serve with warm cooked rice and sprinkle with some sesame seeds and green onion right on top or chive sprouts if you have any. Enjoy!
Tofu and mushrooms needs a bit more patient to be golden brown, so let them do their magic in the skillet!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins