From all the big love from you guys, I decided to make another Chinese take out favorite, Beef and Broccoli, Asian at Home style~!!
It’s not only delicious but Easy Beef and Broccoli!
All the ingredients I’m using for this recipe are mostly can be found at regular grocery store! (except Chinese cooking wine, which is you can substitute to water, no prob!)
Steps are super easy, everyone can follow and end up this delicious, good looking, easy beef and broccoli!
The sauce amount is for total 1 lb. of beef and broccoli and I prepared them half beef and half broccoli, because I love them equally. 😉
But if you like more beef or broccoli, just increase the percentage of beef or broccoli- but keep it total 1lb.
It is super delicious on top of freshly cooked jasmine rice, umm nomnom!!
But if you would love to serve this with Chinese fried rice, click right HERE! I got the super delicious recipe for ya! 🙂
If you like your easy beef and broccoli to be sweeter side, just add 1/2 teaspoon more sugar from the recipe. :”)
Hope you guys enjoy as much as I did, and I wish good luck in your kitchen!! 😀
For the Beef
- 8 oz (1/2 lb) New York steak, sirloin or chuck
- 1 tsp. Soy sause
- 1 tsp. Shaoxing wine, rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp. Corn starch
- 1/4 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. Black or white pepper
For the Brown Sauce
- 1 Tbs. Soy sause
- 1 Tbs. Oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar (Add 1/2 tsp. more if you like sweeter side.)
- 1 Tbs. Shaoxing wine, rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp. Corn starch
- 1/8 tsp. Black or white pepper
For Stir Fry
- 8 oz. (1/2 lb) Broccolini, broccoli or Chinese broccoli
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 oz. Fresh ginger (approximately 2 to 3 very thin slices)
- 2 Tbs. High smoke point cooking oil (Such as peanut, canola, vegetable, sunflower or avocado oil)
- 1 Green onion
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Take big chunk of fat from beef and slice into 1/4 inch thin.
In a mixing bowl, add sliced beef and rest of ingredients for beef. Mix well with your hand, set aside.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.52.04-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.52.39-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.52.52-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.53.31-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.53.35-PM.png”][/url]
- While beef is marinate, let’s make sauce and prepare vegetables.
In another mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for brown sauce. Whisk well, set aside.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.54.05-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.54.24-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.54.28-PM.png”][/url]
- Cut dry bottom from broccolini and cut into halves, or bite sizes, set aside.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.55.12-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.55.18-PM.png”][/url]
- Chop garlic and green onion. Mince fresh ginger and set aside.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.54.37-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.54.43-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.54.58-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.55.03-PM.png”][/url]
- Heat a wok over high heat with approximately 1 cup water and bring it to boil. Add broccolini and blench for 1 minutes. Remove from heat and drain broccoli and set aside.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.55.40-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.55.47-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.55.56-PM.png”][/url]
- Heat now-empty wok over hight heat until completely dried; add oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic and ginger, stir fry until you can smell the fragrance, about 30 seconds.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.55.59-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.56.04-PM.png”][/url]
- Add marinated beef into wok, combine with garlic and ginger. Spread beef evenly bottom of work, and cook until edge is darken and crispy, about a couple minutes.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.56.26-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.56.56-PM.png”][/url]
- Turn it over, and cook other side for a couple minutes or until edge is darken, crispy and beef is cooked 3/4 way and you can barely see red spots.
- Pour sauce we made earlier; stir fry until sauce has thicken, glossy and beef is coated evenly with sauce, about a minute. Stir frequently so sauce will not burn.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.57.14-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.57.24-PM.png”][/url]
- Add blenched broccolini into beef and combine well, about 30 seconds. We don’t need to cook broccolini, just need to mixed with sauce and reheated.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.58.11-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-5.58.18-PM.png”][/url]
- Remove from heat, stir in chopped green onion and sesame oil.
- Transfer to a serving plate, and garnish with some toasted sesame seeds if you desired.
Serve with warm cooked Jasmine rice is the best!! 🙂