Hope you guys having an awesome weekend! 😀
Today I’m going to share one of my favorite ways to eat egg! We call Gyeran Jjim, Silky & Delightful Korean Steamed Egg!
It is so good with any other Korean dishes, especially spicy food! In Korea, there are restaurants specialize real spicy food and they always have this Gyeran Jjim as a side menu or coming with the spicy dish. It mellow down the spiciness really well!
It’s very mild soft side dish that goes literally with every Korean dish.
There are several ways to make Korean Steamed Eggs;
microwave method, Chawanmushi style, soupy style, not soupy style and more!
My recipe is the most classic Korean style, most of home cooks make at home. 🙂
I love cooking Korean Steamed Egg in Ttukbaegi, I think it’s the best method both taste and texture for my taste.
If you like to cook Korean food at home, I recommend you to have at least 1 ttukibaegi in your kitchen. It’s essential cooking tool for Korean cooking.
There is not really a substitute for ttukbage and it’s easy to find in Korean/Asian grocery markets or internet and it’s inexpensive.
Hope you guys try this recipe at your home!! 😀Print
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. Mirin
- 1 cup Korean ultimate stock (Click HERE for the recipe), you can substitute to vegetable or chicken stock
- [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/?p=3054″][/url]
- 1/2 Green onion
- Heat Ttukbaegi (Korean earthenware pot, if you don’t have it use small size seasoned cast iron pot or thickest bottomed pot you have.) over hight heat.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.37.07-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.37.10-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.37.35-PM.png”][/url]
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg, salt, fish sauce and mirin; whisk all tougher until smooth.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.37.54-PM.png”][/url][url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.37.45-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.37.58-PM.png”][/url]
- By now (about 5 minutes passed), ttukbaegi will be hot. Pour Korean ultimate stock to hot ttukbaegi and bring it to soft boil, it won’t take that long. If your stock boils hard, reduce heat to medium and bring ti soft boil. This is very important to make silky steamed egg.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.38.04-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.38.11-PM.png”][/url]
- Pour egg mixture into soft boil sock while whisking with a whisk. Reduce heat to medium low and keep whisking about 30 seconds to 1 minutes, until egg mixture and stock incorporated completely, smooth and silky. Cover, and steam for 5 minutes.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.38.18-PM-copy.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.38.23-PM.png”][/url]
- Meanwhile, chop green onion for garnish. When steamed egg is done cooking, add chopped green onion right on top and serve immediately.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.38.58-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.39.01-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.39.06-PM.png”][/url]
- [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.39.22-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-6.39.12-PM.png”][/url]
You can keep Gyeran Jjim in refrigerator and eat cold.