Soy Garlic Chicken Ramen Noodles Recipe!
Y’all LOVE my easy ramen recipes, so I decided to share another one! This time I wanted to use most common ingredients that most of us have in our pantry and refrigerator.
Soy sauce. Garlic. Chicken.
It’s not soupy, more of dry, stir-fried style ramen noodles without stir frying… if that makes sense. 🤔
This could be super fast dinner recipe or easy brunch/lunch recipe!
You can definitely add more veggies if you want, just swap it with noodles.
Make sure to check out my ramen egg recipe too. I always keep my ramen eggs in my fridge so when I make this simple easy ramen recipes, it’s always ready for me! Also it makes these easy, quick ramen looks so much more fancy & professionally done!
If you want to check out more of these easy ramen recipes from me, check down below!
Ready to learn this easiest soy garlic chicken ramen recipe?
Let’s get started!
First thing is first, bring a pot of water to boil. Trust me, this recipe so fast, by the time the water boil & and you done cooking ramen noodles… you will be done!
Also, cut 2 chicken thighs (possible skin on) into bite sizes. If you want to use shrimp or tofu, go ahead and do so!
Combine 3 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp mirin, 2 tbsp sugar, 1/4 cup chicken stock and 4 cloves garlic in a mixing bowl and set aside. You can chop the garlic or just grate in a zest as I did.
Also, chop some green onions and ready your ramen egg for toppings later.
Heat a medium size pot over medium high heat, add 1 tbsp cooking oil and swirl to coat. If you are using a stainless pot like I am, go ahead and follow the next step.
When the oil is shimmering, reduce the heat to low & let it sit for 3 minutes. This way, the pan will absorb(not exactly, but not sure what other way I can explain this process.) the oil and create non-stick cooking surface. Now, increase the heat to medium high to preheat the pot.
Add the chicken, skin side down. Sear the chicken 5 minutes or until the skins are golden brown. Flip them over, cook 2 to 3 minutes or until all the chicken is fully cooked.
Tap out excess oil with some paper towel as needed. You might don’t have to do this if you are using skinless chicken.
Pour the sauce mixture into the pot and bring it to simmer.
At this point, drop ramen noodles (fresh, frozen or instant ramen noodles) into boiling water and cook by following the directions of the package you’re using. Drain the cooked noodles and add into the chicken and sauce.
Drizzle sesame oil on top of noodles. Toss noodles until they are coated evenly with sauce.
Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with green onions, ramen egg and nori. Finally, sprinkle black pepper right on top! I highly recommend you to crack some fresh black pepper for this recipe, it makes a huge difference!!
Also this soy garlic chicken ramen is AMAZING with some sriracha. So if you love spicy food, don’t forget to drizzle some!
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (I used avocado oil)
- 2 skin-on chicken thighs, cut into bite sizes
- 2 portions ramen noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 ramen egg
- toasted seaweed (gim/nori)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
Combine all ingredients for sauce in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat a medium size pot over medium high heat, add cooking oil and swirl to coat. If you are using stainless pot, go ahead and follow next step.
- When oil is shimmering, reduce heat to low & let it sit for 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium high to preheat pot. (this way we can insure that chicken is not stick to bottom of pot.)
- Add chicken, skin side down. Sear chicken 5 minutes or until skins are golden brown. Flip over, cook 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Tap out excess oil with paper towel as needed.
- Pour sauce mixture and bring it to simmer. Drop ramen noodles into boiling water. Cook noodles by following directions of package you’re using. Drain and add into chicken.
- Drizzle sesame oil on top of noodles. Toss noodles until they are coated evenly with sauce. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with green onions, ramen egg and nori. Finally, sprinkle black pepper right on top and it’s done! Enjoy!