Happy New Year~! I wish all the best success, love and happiness for your 2015!!! This year will be the best year yet!!
Can’t believe how time flies, I have so many things to give you guys heads up! But the first and biggest update is Jacob is in Korea! WHAT?! Yes, he’s enjoying Korea right now and I will be join in him very soon! 😉 ‘
So, since my cameraman is in Korea(kinda far away), I have to film by myself with 2 cameras. I was a bit worried if the quality will be same, but hopefully I did great job for the first time. 🙂 I’m trying to make it better even though it’s worse circumstance.
It took a lot more effort and time, I’m not gonna lie. I had to shoot this recipe 3 times to make one video(I normally make only 1 time for shooting if I have a cameraman.), to make the same/better quality as/than last 2 months.
Hope I learn quickly, which is what I’m super good at and mack better cooking show for y’all!
This is my first video and blog recipe I’m sharing this year and I’m super excited!!!
Gyeran Mari (Korean Egg Roll / Korean Rolled Omelet) is one of my FAV FAV Banchan(Korean side dish) so I had to learn this recipe as soon as I could handle the stove when I was a kid.
Normally make this recipe using spatula is so much easier, but I don’t know why I always use chopsticks. lol
Chopstick is my all-time favorite cooking tool in the kitchen but you can definitely use spatula.
Probably smarter way to do. lol
If you like to, you can add cheese inside as well, we call Cheese Gyeran Mark in Korean.
Feel free to switch around the vegetables for your taste, you can use any kind of vegetables/meat you want!
It’s very popular lunch box menu and snack!
Oh, did I mention it’s super yummy with beer too? 😉
Hope you all enjoy my Gyeran Mari (Korean Egg Roll / Korean Rolled Omelet) Recipe at home!Print
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Green onions, chopped (Approximately 2 Tbs.)
- 1 Small green or red chili, seeded, chopped (Approximately 1 tsp.)
- 2 Tbs. Chopped carrot or red pepper
- 2 Tbs. Chopped spam, ham, sausage or hotdog
- 1Tbs. Cooking oil
- In a mixing bowl, crack 4 eggs; add salt and beat until smooth.
- Add in green onion, chili, carrot and spam to beaten egg and mix well.
- Heat a 8.5” square or 9” round skillet over medium high heat; add oil and swipe with a paper towel to apply oil as thin as possible.
- When skillet is hot, pour 1/4 of egg mixture and scramble; push and place on a side that closer to you. So you will have room to roll it.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add another 1/4 of egg mixture; swirl to spread evenly. Make sure uncooked egg mixture’s attached to the first batch of cooked egg mixture.
- Lift up the end nearest you and tuck over, rolling upwards tightly using a spatula or chopsticks. Push and place on a side that closer to you again and repeat twice more with rest of uncooked egg mixture.
- Remove from heat and let Gyeran Mari rest in skillet about 1 to 2 minutes.
- If you have a sushi roller, it’s a great tool to roll Gyeran Mari in and re-shape. This way, you can fix Gyeran Mari shape even though you mess up a bit. 😉 But it’s not necessary.
- Slice Gyeran Mari into 1” wide bite size pieces and serve. Enjoy!
If you would like to, you can add cheese in the middle. I recommend mozzarella or any other type of cheese that easily melt. We call Cheese Gyeran Mari! 🙂