- 2 Tbs / 30g unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped (approximately 1 Tbs)
- 1/2 tsp / 2g salt
- 1/4 tsp / 1g pepper
- 2 cups / 500ml chicken stock
- zest and juice from 1 fresh lemon
- 8 oz caserecce or any other short pasta
- 1/4 cup / 20g grated parmigiano
- 5 to 7 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Heat a medium size pot over medium heat; add butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until garlic is soften but not brown.
- Pour chicken stock along with lemon zest, lemon juice and caserecce. Stir to combine everything. Cover, increase heat to high and bring it to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 9 to 10 minutes or until your pasta is cooked as you desired. Stir occasionally so pasta won’t sick to bottom of pot.
- Stir in parmigiano and basil and remove from heat. Serve immediately with extra cheese and basil if you want. Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 13 mins