I hope you guys ready for this delicious and easy Sesame Chicken Wings recipe! 😀
No deep frying, it is broiled! I learned this technique from Nami, Just One Cookbook last time when we did our collaboration video! 🙂
This technique is so amazing, since I learned, I’ve never baked chicken again! 🙂
I had so much fun creating the sesame chicken sauce, and finally came up with this perfectly balanced delicious sesame chicken sauce! Jacob said he doesn’t like sesame chicken much, because it is too sweet for his taste. But he said my sesame chicken wings was perfectly banked with sesame flavor and sweetness, so he could really enjoy!
It was so good with beer, but obviously you can enjoy with any soda or drinks you’d like to have with!
Hope you guys enjoy this delicious & easy Sesame chicken wings recipe at home!Print
Sesame Chicken Wings
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
For Marinate Chicken
- 2 lb single chicken wings
- 1 Tbs rice wine (you can substitute to milk)
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp white pepper (you can use black pepper)
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbs light soy sauce
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp cold water
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 Tbs sesame seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for marinate chicken. Mix well and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, add chicken stock, soy sauce and sugar, whisk well and bring it to boil. While sauce is getting to boil, mix cornstarch and water in a small mixing bowl. When sauce is started boiling, pour cornstarch water while whisking sauce to prevent clumps. Keep whisking until sauce is glossy and thicken, about 1 minute. When sauce starts boiling, remove from heat. Add sesame oil and seeds mix well. Set aside right next to oven to keep it warm.
- Heat broiler to high (500 degrees) and place a wire rack(cooling rack), parchment paper or aluminum foil on a baking pan.
Pat dry chicken wings with paper towels, and place on a wire rack lined baking pan skin side down. Let them at least 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch a part so they can air through to be crispy.
- Broil chicken wings 10 minutes and then flip them over- now chicken wings skin side up. Broil another 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked, golden and crispy.
- Toss broiled chicken wings with sauce we made easier evenly in a large mixing bowl. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with extra sesame seeds if you like to! Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Looks amazing…can’t wait to try Thanks
Please let me know how it turned out when you try Lyn!
Might try these this weekend, what would be good to go with it like side dishes?
I love your videos, you and your husband are adorable together! I’m so happy you’ve found something to do here in the states to make you happy!
I served these simply with home-made kimchi and brown rice. These were delicious, but I’d recommend seasoning the glaze to taste with S+P before tossing the wings in the glaze.
WOW! WOW! WOW!
I love this!
& I love it that it’s so quick & so easy & so tasty.
Thank you very much.
I even have a picture to show off ? anyway to upload here?
So glad you loved my sesame chicken wings recipe! 😀 You can send me email (email@example.com) or tag me on Instagram @SeonkyoungLongest or post on my Facebook page! (Facebook.com/SeonkyoungLongest) Can’t wait to see it!
I had some chicken hips i needed to cook. I do not like them just pan fried, so i saw this video, and decided i could make some boneless chicken wings using the hips(thighs.) So i cut them in half and used the broiler and this recipe, i worked really well. I liked the flavor. Learning how to make good sauces is important for giving food good flavor.
How can I adjust broiling time if I want to cook chicken drumsticks using Nami’s method?
Depend on the drumstick size, but I will think double of the time (so about 20 minutes each side) will do the job!
This recipe is sooo good! Used the sauce for chicken thighs and served it with rice:)