For Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups / 370g cooked quinoa
- 1 peach, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 apricots, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ¼ red onion, small dice (approximately 1/4 cup)
- ¼ red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (approximately 1/4 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, small dice
- Handful cilantro, roughly chop
- Juice form1 fresh lime
- 3 Tbs / 45ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp / 7g sea salt
- ½ tsp / 2g black pepper
- 14 oz / 400g prawns, peeled and deveined (You can use jumbo or large shrimp and reduce cooking time)
- 1 Tbs / 15g butter
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients for quinoa salad and toss well. Keep in a refrigerator while cooking prawns.
- Heat a large skillet (such as a cast iron pan) over high heat; add butter and let it melt. Place prawns and cook 2 minutes each side. If you are using smaller shrimp, cook less time. Remove from skillet.
- In a serving bowl, place quinoa salad and top with pan-fried prawns. Sprinkle some cilantro if you like, and serve immediately. Enjoy!