Lately Jacob and I are really enjoying vegan/vegetarian meals at home. When I make them, we feel so great and light after ate, so I had to share with you all!
This vegan soba salad is so light and satisfying! It is perfect for BBQ party, potluck party as a side dish with/without fired tofu. When it’s with tofu it’s actually perfect quick week night dinner you can prepare less than 10 minutes! So simple and easy right?!
Hope you guys give this easy and quick Vegan Soba Salad recipe at home, I know you will love it!!Print
- 2 bundles (180g/4oz) Soba (buckwheat noodles)
- 4 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs agave nectar
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 Tbs sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 oz curly kale, stripped and ripped with hands
- 1 red chili or 2 oz red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
For Fried Tofu
- Cut extra firm tofu into 1/2-inch cubes and fry over high heat with enough oil for 10 to 12 minutes. Drain oil completely and set aside.
- Cook soba by following directions of package you are using.
- Meanwhile soba is cooking, combine soy sauce, vinegar, nectar, sesame oil, and sesame seeds in a large mixing bowl. Grate garlic as well into mixing bowl using a cheese grater. Whisk until everything is well combined, set a side.
- Drain soba and rinse under running cold water to get rid of extra starch and cool. Drain completely and add into mixing bowl with dressing along with ripped kale and red chili.
- Toss everything with your hand and transfer to a serving plate and top with fried tofu if you are using and more sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 8 mins