This Quick Radish Kimchi is commonly served with Korean Bossam(Boiled pork wrap).
You can make it one or two days ahead if you prefer, just keep it in a refrigerator. It will only get better in the refrigerator!
- 1 Korean radish(Moo) cut into ⅛” julienne (Approximately 6 cups)
- 2 Tbs. Kosher or flake sea salt
- 2 Tbs. Sugar
- 2 Tbs. White vinegar
- 5 Tbs. Gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs. Fish sauce
- 2 Tbs. Sugar
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced (Approximately 1 Tbs.)
- 4 Green onions, cut into lengthwise then cut 2” long pieces.
- 1 Asian pear, cut into ⅛” julienne (Approximately 3 cups)
- 1 Bunch of water parsley/water celery (Minari), cut into 2” long pieces, Optional
- Raw oyster, Optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine radish, salt, sugar and vinegar. Set a side for 30 minutes and then squeeze out excess water from radish, but no rinse. Lay on paper towel and get rid of excess water as much as possible.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-07-at-8.48.55-AM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-07-at-8.49.07-AM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-07-at-8.50.38-AM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-07-at-8.54.07-AM.png”][/url]
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine fish sauce, sugar, garlic and 4Tbs. Gochugaru and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine totally drained and dried radish and 1 Tbs. Gochugaru and mix well until radish is beautifully red.
- Add in sauce we made earlier and rest of ingredients; wear a cooking glove and mix with your hand- kind of squeeze action.
- Mix in raw oyster in kimchi right before serve, if you choose to serve with.
You can make this kimchi a day or two ahead.
Recommend to serve with Bossam!