- 1/4 cup / 50g Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup / 150g Chopped yellow onion
- 2 tsp. / 6g Chopped garlic
- 28 oz. / 825ml San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. / 4g Salt
- 1/2 tsp. / 2g Black pepper
- 4 to 5 Basil stems
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add olive oil and onion. Sauté until onion is transparent and soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Pour crushed tomato and rinse the can with 1/2 cup of water and pour if you like to. (In this case you need to simmer marinara 20 minutes longer.)
- Add salt, pepper and basil stems and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Discard basil stem from marinara.
If you want super smooth texture, blend the sauce until your desire texture.