Banh Mi Pizza Time~!
Today I’m going to show you how to make Banh Mi Pizza!
I came up with this idea about 3 or 4 years ago while we were living in Mississippi. We always loved Banh Mi, but it was really hard to find Vietnamese baguette where we were living. I tried may different breads to make Banh Mi but it was just never same.
So one day I thought, if you it won’t be same anyways, why not be more creative and think out side of the box?
So… I thought make in a pizza foam!
It was one of the genius ideas I’ve had! LOL!
It came out SO DELICIOUSLY!!
Jacob said he preferred this pizza version over regular banh mi, because it’s more fun to eat and prettier to look at.
So since then I’ve made so many different versions of it, because the option was endless. But our all time favorite is BBQ pork with classic Banh Mi vegetables- cucumber, chilis, pickled carrot and lots of cilantro. 🙂
To make authentic Banh Mi, liver pate is a must item to add on. It surely make it taste so much richer, authentic and full of flavors!
You can definitely use your favorite pate recipe or use my addictive pate recipe . If you don’t have time to make them, pate from your favorite deli market would also work.
Hint, Hint! If you are looking for a great & delicious pate recipe, try mine! It is SO good, I even surprised myself! lol
Also, Maggi sauce is very important part of this recipe, it is a seasoned soy sauce. Maggi sauce gives that banh mi’s signature salty and savory flavor.
If you prefer to use chicken, you can substitute the pork in the recipe to chicken or even beef. Plus my Lemongrass Chicken also goes really well with Banh Mi or Banh Mi Pizza. 🙂
Hope you guys give this delicious Banh Mi Pizza recipe a try sometime soon!!Print
For the BBQ Pork
- 8 oz. / 225g Thinly sliced or one bite size pork butt, shoulder or belly
- 1 tsp. / 3g Chopped garlic
- 2 Tbs. / 20g Chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 Tbs. / 19g Sugar
- 1 Tbs. / 15g Fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. / 2g Black pepper
For the Pizza
- 12 oz / 340g Pizza dough (You can use your favorite pizza dough recipe or store bought)
- 3 Tbs. / 45g Chicken liver pate (Recipe click HERE)
- 3 to 4 oz. / 85 to 110g Fresh mozzarella slices or shredded mozzarella
- 2 oz. / 55g Cucumber slices
- 4 oz. / 110g Pickled radish and carrot (Recipe clickHERE)
- Handful cilantro, leaves are picked
- 1 Red chili, sliced
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Maggi sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F / 230°C.
In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for BBQ pork; mix well with your hand, spoon or chopsticks. Set aside.
- Sprinkle flour or oil onto pizza dough and stretch into a round disc or oval shape and slightly tap pizza dough with fingertips until dough shaped your desire thickness.
- Place little dollops of liver pate on pizza dough evenly and then place mozzarella. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted, dough is fully cooked and golden.
- Meanwhile prepare vegetables and cook BBQ pork.
Heat a large skillet or a wok, add 1 Tbs. oil; add marinated pork. Stir fry until pork is fully cooked and edges are golden brown, about 8 to 9 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with cucumber slices, pickled radish, BBQ pork, cilantro and chili.
Drizzle with mayonnaise, sriracha and maggi sauce. Enjoy!
If you can’t make homemade pate, here is an option for you!
This is the closest thing you can get from a store. Or visit your local deli if they sell any house made pate! 🙂
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins