Spicy Ground Beef Bulgogi Recipe | Easy & Delicious Korean Dish
Hey there! So, I recently watched this awesome show called “The Genius Paik,” where a famous Korean chef Mr. Paik opened a Korean restaurant in Italy. They served this incredible Korean combo meal called Jeyukssambap, featuring Korean spicy bulgogi with rice, soup, side dishes, and lettuce wraps. It looked absolutely mouthwatering, and I just realized I hadn’t had Korean spicy bulgogi for a long time and wanted to try as how they served in the show. Trust me. It’s super easy and tasty!
One of the things I love most about this Spicy Ground Beef Bulgogi recipe is its versatility. You can customize it to suit your preferences and dietary needs. Feel free to adjust the spice level by adding more or less gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes, and gochujang, Korean red pepper paste. If you’re vegetarian or vegan, simply substitute the ground meat with crumbled tofu for a delectable plant-based alternative. The possibilities are endless, allowing you to make this dish truly your own!
Now, let’s talk about the simplicity of this recipe. With just a handful of ingredients, you can whip up this Spicy Ground Beef Bulgogi in no time.
Spicy Ground Beef Bulgogi Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef (or your choice of ground meat or crumbled tofu)
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 12 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 3 to 4 tbsp gochugaru
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 serrano peppers, sliced (or 2 green onions, chopped)
- Sesame seeds
Start by adding your choice of ground meat, whether it’s beef, pork, or even crumbled tofu, along with diced onions, chopped garlic, gochujang, gochugaru, soy sauce, agave nectar, and a touch of black pepper in a large skillet. Turn on the heat and start combining and cooking. Cook until meat is fully cooked, about 6 to 7 minutes.
Slice some serrano or green onion of your choice. Turn off the heat, stir in the serrano peppers or green onion of your choice.
Transfer bulgogi to a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds. You could drizzle some sesame oil for added flavor if you like!
- Serve the Spicy Ground Beef Bulgogi with warm-cooked rice
- Accompany it with Doenjang (Korean fermented soybean paste)
- Pair it with your choice of lettuce (such as romaine and endives) and kimchi/pickles
As a busy home cook, I understand the importance of creating meals that are not only delicious but also family-friendly. That’s why I love serving this Spicy Ground Beef Bulgogi with warm cooked rice, Doenjang (Korean fermented soybean paste) as a side sauce for the lettuce wrap, and a variety of fresh lettuce, such as romaine and endives, for wrapping. The combination of textures and flavors is simply irresistible.
This Spicy Ground Beef Bulgogi recipe is fantastic, and you can easily whip it up at home. Don’t worry if you’re not a seasoned cook; it’s beginner-friendly and oh-so-delicious. Whether you’re a meat lover or looking for a veggie option, this recipe is flexible and can be adjusted to suit your preferences. So, gather your ingredients, follow the simple steps, and indulge in a flavorful Korean dish that will impress your friends and family.
This recipe can’t be easier, so I hope you give it a try this week!!
- In a large skillet, add all the ingredients. Turn the heat to high and mix everything together to ensure even cooking and combining. Cook until meat is fully cooked, about 6 to 7 minutes. Turn off the heat, stir in the serrano peppers or green onion of your choice.
- Transfer bulgogi to a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds. You could drizzle some sesame oil for added flavor if you like!
- Serve the Spicy Ground Beef Bulgogi with warm cooked rice.
- Accompany it with Doenjang (Korean fermented soybean paste).
- Pair it with your choice of lettuce (such as romaine and endives) and kimchi/pickles.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins