I’ve received so many questions about cooking white rice Korean/Japanese style.
Which is using medium/short grain rice and the result is kinda sticky – not as sticky as the sticky rice(sweet rice), but it consider a type of sticky rice.
To be honest with you, it was kind of surprised to me that so many people want to know how to make this rice properly.
So, finally I’m sharing my tips to how to cook the perfect (every time!) white rice on the stove at home.
If you have rice cooker, you can definitely use this recipe it by following same ingredients, preparations. Not the cooking method, because your rice cooker will do all the job for you after you click a button.
So, hopefully you can enjoy all other delicious Asian at Home Recipes with this perfect white rice!
- 1½ cup White rice (Medium/short grain rice)
- 2 cups cold water
- In a thick bottom pot, add rice; wet rice with enough cold water and drain. Rubbing rice with your hand and you will see water turns into white milky color. Rinse off milky water and drain. Repeat this process 4 to 5 times or until when you add water, it doesn’t cloudy or milky anymore.
- At last rinse, drain water as much as possible.
- Add 2 cups water and cover. Bring it to boil over high heat; as soon as it starts boil, stir with a spoon. Put lid back on, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it rest for 10 minutes. Don’t open lid right now, so rice will observe steam and finish cooking. Mix rice bottom to top with a spoon. Enjoy!