Today I’m going to share my Kimchi Jjigae with Pork recipe!
This is how I make it most of the time when I craving Kimchi Jjigae. There is a couple types of my favorite Kimchi Jjigae, but today I’m going to show you my all time favorite, Kimchi Jjigae with Pork!
Please let me know if you want to see other types of my favorite kimchi Jjigae recipes! I would love love to share with you all!
I used pork belly for this recipe because it contains enough fat to stir fry kimchi in and gives delicious deep flavor into Kimchi Jjigae.
It’s really scrumptious.
If you want to use beef, please feel free to use it! It would be equality delicious! I will recommend beef chuck, boneless short ribs or thinly cut brisket(차돌박이/Chadolbaggi).
Just following the direction, nothing wold be different.
To make BOMB.COM Kimchi Jjigae, you will need 2 essential ingredients.
First, deliciously well fermented Napa Cabbage Kimchi.
If your kimchi is delicious and fermented well, your Kimchi Jjigae is 3/4 way succeeded. Yes, it’s that important. It’s Kimchi Jjigae people!
There is nothing wrong with store bought kimchi but it really can’t beat homemade one. If you have time and willing to give a effort to this, please try to make kimchi at home.
If you would like to, check out my REAL Korean Napa Cabbage Kimchi Recipe.
Second, the stock.
Instead of using water or store bought stocks, make Korean stock that goes perfectly with Korean cuisine. It really makes a huge difference between delicious to authentic delicious.
So if you have time in your hand please make this stock for any type of Korean soup, stew or sauce. I always have this stock in my refrigerator, because it’s one of my essential Korean ingredients.
If you have these 2 main ingredients, it’99.99% Kimchi Jjigae has done& succeeded.
Hope you enjoy delicious homemade Kimchi Jjigae at home!
Good luck and have fun in your kitchen~!
- 6 oz. Pork belly, cut into bite size
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 2 cups Well fermented kimchi, cut into bit size (Click HERE for homemade kimchi recipe)
- ½ cup Kimchi juice
- 1¼ cup Ultimate Korean stock (Click HERE for the recipe)
- 8 oz. Soft to medium firm tofu (approximately ¼ block), slice into ¼” thick
- 1 Green onion, slice diagonally
- ½ Green chili, slice diagonally
- Heat a ttukbaegi(Korean clay pot) or thick bottom pot over high heat; add pork belly, season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until slightly golden brown, stir occasionally.
- Add kimchi and cook with pork belly until softly cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Pour kimchi juice and stock, bring it boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Add tofu, green onion and chili; increase heat to high and bring it to boil.
- Serve hot and enjoy with warm cooked rice! :-)